APEV appoints Regional Coordinators
APEV has appointed regional coordinators in Auckland, Wellington, Nelson/Marlborough, Christchurch and Southland. The coordinators will promote and coordinate activities between members and external organisations and will:
• Chair regular regional member meetings and communicate national APEV objectives and policies.
• Solicit member feedback and report back to APEV national body.
• Coordinate and solicit communication between regional bodies that support overall APEV objectives
• Recruit new members in the region, individual, public and private organizations.
• Participate in regional field activities such as shows, meetings, workshops and conferences that progress the APEV agenda.
• Participate in national APEV programs that impact regional constituents.
• Assist in preparation of documentation, collateral and other outcomes that maybe required.
The coordinators are:
Says Greg Royal: "I think APEV does and will fill a role in the future of NZ transportation by creating an environment where electric vehicles are a valid and available choice for consumers to make. My support is about actively helping to make that choice a reality."
Jace Hobbs adds: “This is interesting and important work that I am going to make fun. I find it particularly exciting that electric bikes are already being seen as a means of reducing the number of combustion engine cars on the road."
Says Ian Williamson: "I believe the EV industry needs a shake up to start offering product at realistic prices. Value for money should be the reason to own - not just because it's green."
And Graeme McLeod says he's setting out to generate curiosity about EVs of all kinds through personal visits, speeches, publicity, and being out there with genuine information.
Please feel free to contact your regional coordinator directly if you have ideas for advancing EVs in your region, would like to learn more about membership, or have others you'd like to refer to APEV.
Back to News